Weekly Update - Jul 31st, 2015by Steven Sinatra (@diagramatics),
io.js and Node.js News — July 31st
io.js v2.5.0 and our call for an LTS build V8 maintainer.
io.js 2.5 Release
- https : TLS sessions in Agent are reused (Fedor Indutny) #2228
- src : base64 decoding is now 50% faster (Ben Noordhuis) #2193
- npm : Upgraded to v2.13.2, release notes can be found in https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v2.13.2 (Kat Marchán) #2241 .
See https://github.com/nodejs/io.js/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
Some problems with unreferenced timers running during
beforeExitare still to be resolved. See #1264 .
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal. #690
process.send()is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 .
dns.setServers()while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion. #894
url.resolvemay transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435 .
- We need a V8 maintainer for our LTS build! Head on over to GitHub to see if the requirements match your capabilities.
- Milo Mordaunt has written about extending IFTTT with Webtask.io running Node.js code over on Auth0 .
- Hemanth.HM , an author and contributor of more than 200 modules on npm, has written about authoring Node modules .
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st - 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th - 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano - Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO , October 16th - 17th at Ruta N, Medellin