io.js and Node.js Week of August 21st
io.js v3.1.0 and the v0.12 LTS plan, ARM build, nodeday event.
io.js v3.1.0 Release
- buffer : Fixed a couple large memory leaks (Ben Noordhuis) #2352 .
- crypto :
- Fixed a couple of minor memory leaks (Karl Skomski) #2375 .Signing now checks for OpenSSL errors (P.S.V.R) #2342 . Note that this may expose previously hidden errors in user code.
- intl : Intl support using small-icu is now enabled by default in builds (Steven R. Loomis) #2264 .
- String#normalize() can now be used for unicode normalization.The Intl object and various String and Number methods are present, but only support the English locale.For support of all locales, node must be built with full-icu .
- tls : Fixed tls throughput being much lower after an incorrect merge (Fedor Indutny) #2381 .
- tools : The v8 tick processor now comes bundled with node (Matt Loring) #2090 .
- This can be used by producing performance profiling output by running node with — perf, then running your appropriate platform’s script on the output as found in tools/v8-prof .
- util : util.inspect(obj) now prints the constructor name of the object if there is one (Christopher Monsanto) #1935 .
See https://github.com/nodejs/io.js/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during beforeExit are still to be resolved. See #1264 .
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal. #690
- process.send() is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 .
- Calling dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion. #894
- url.resolve may transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435 .
Node.js v0.12 LTS plan has been shortened
- Node.js v0.12 LTS plan has been shortened to end at the end of 2016, because OpenSSL 1.0.1 LTS is scheduled until the end of 2016. The detail is here .
- We still need a V8 maintainer for our LTS build! Head on over to GitHub to see if the requirements match your capabilities.
- Marko Bonaći published his blog post about his first useful Node.js product which can search log files.
- Rod Vagg updated his post about the state of the Node.js build on ARM . In the entry, Rod details how Node core members test and build Node.js for ARM hardware.
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st — 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- nodeday tickets are on sale, September 10th at Karnataka, India
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th — 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano — Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO , October 16th — 17th at Ruta N, Medellin
- Nodevember , November 14th — 15th at Nashville, Tennessee, US.