The GA release of ProxySQL 1.2.1 is available. You can get it from https://github.com/sysown/proxysql/releases . There are also Docker images for Release 1.2.1: https://hub.docker.com/r/percona/proxysql/ .
This post is published with René Cannaò’s (creator of ProxySQL) approval. René is busy implementing more new ProxySQL features, so I decided to make this announcement!
- Support for backend SSL connections
- Support for encrypted password (mysql_users table now supports both plain text password and hashed password, in the same format of mysql.user.password)
- Improved monitoring module
- Better integration with Percona XtraDB Cluster
- New feature: the Scheduler, that allows the extension of ProxySQL with external scripts
The last point is especially important in conjunction with our recent Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 RC1 release. When we ship Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 GA, we plan to make ProxySQL the default proxy solution choice for Percona XtraDB Cluster. ProxySQL is aware of the cluster and node status, and can direct traffic appropriately.
ProxySQL 1.2.1 comes with additional scripts to support this:
- proxysql_galera_checker.sh: https://github.com/sysown/proxysql/blob/v1.2.1/tools/proxysql_galera_checker.sh
- The script to check a node status, using not only availability by ping, but also checking node status (should be in SYNCED)
- proxysql_galera_writer.pl: https://github.com/sysown/proxysql/blob/v1.2.1/tools/proxysql_galera_writer.pl
- The script to choose one writer out of N available nodes – in case if we want to direct write traffic to a dedicated node.
ProxySQL 1.2.1 and these scripts are compatible with existing Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 GA releases.
ProxySQL 1.2.1 is a solid release, currently used by many demanding high-performance production workloads – it is already battle tested! Give it a try if you are looking for a proxy solution.
ProxySQL is available under OpenSource license GPLv3, which allows you unlimited usage in production. ProxySQL has no plans to change the license!