The io.js Technical Committee has voted to join with the Node Foundation with a re-merger between the io.js and Node codebases expected to follow in due course. The official announcement was here.
The Npm Blog
A tutorial covering building a simple command line tool for deploying GitHub pages, particularly in the context of being a tool specific for your own team’s use.
As always with benchmarks, your mileage may vary.
Sending transactional emails is very important for engaging with your user base. In this tutorial we’re going to learn how to send transactional emails using the Mailgun API using a NodeJS helper library.
V8, libuv, and npm updates.
A tiny and well designed alternative to libraries like colors.js and Chalk. Example:
console.log(chalk.red.bold("hello") + chalk.inverse(" world") + "\n" + chalk.underline("!"));
TJ is standing down from his role as Node lead and has also left Joyent. The future is a foundation leading things rather than an individual.
- You'll create a profile & over 1 week tech companies will apply to you. You'll get salary/equity offers upfront & you're under no obligation to accept any offer. Interested? Join Hired today.craigslist
- Get 5+ Job Offers in 1 Week with Hired
You'll create a profile & over 1 week tech companies will apply to you. You'll get salary/equity offers upfront & you're under no obligation to accept any offer. Interested? Join Hired today. Hired . com
- Bringing Node.js to Windows 10 IoT Core news Microsoft
- Workshop: Building Real-Time Web Applications with Meteor.js news
Learn how you can use just one framework to build an entire real-time reactive web application online or in-person May 28th & 29th. Frontend Masters Sponsored
- Deploying with npm Private Modules tutorial The npm Blog
- Intro to Node on AWS Lambda for S3 and Kinesis tutorial
- Building A Travel App in 2 Hours with Sabre, LumX, NodeJS and Angular tutorial Arun Rajappa
- Getting Started with the Node.js LoopBack Connector for ArangoDB tutorial StrongLoop
- Get the highest performance Redis tools and analytics from RedisGreen tools
Thousands of apps use RedisGreen to get the best support, analytics, performance and uptime for their Redis servers. Find out what a difference a well-managed in-memory datastore makes. RedisGreen Sponsored
- Parsec: Generator-Based CLI Options Parser code Jorge Bucaran
- flickr-set-get: A Command Line App to Download Photos From Flickr code Luciano Mammino
- mut: A Mini Unit Testing Module code Chao Wang
- NodeSession: Session Handling for Node code
Supports multiple backends, such as storing sessions in files and databases. Quorra