Percona announces the release ofPercona Server 5.6.32-78.0 on August 22nd, 2016. Download the latest version from thePercona web siteor the Percona Software Repositories .
Based on MySQL 5.6.32 , including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.32-78.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL . Complete details of this release are available in the 5.6.32-78.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona Server Audit Log Plugin now supports filtering byuser andSQL command.
- Percona Server now supports tree map file block allocation strategy for TokuDB .
- Fixed potential cardinality
0issue for TokuDB tables if
ANALYZE TABLEfinds only deleted rows and no actual logical rows before it times out. Bug fixed #1607300 ( #1006 , #732 ).
database.table.indexnames longer than 256 characters could cause server crash if background analyze table status was checked while running. Bug fixed #1005 .
- PAM Authentication Plugin would abort authentication while checking UNIX user group membership if there were more than a thousand members. Bug fixed #1608902 .
DROP DATABASEwould fail to delete some of the tables in the database, the partially-executed command is logged in the binlog as
DROP TABLE t1, t2, ...for the tables for which drop succeeded. A slave might fail to replicate such
DROP TABLEstatement if there exist foreign key relationships to any of the dropped tables and the slave has a different schema from master. Fix by checking, on the master, whether any of the database to be dropped tables participate in a Foreign Key relationship, and fail the
DROP DATABASEstatement immediately. Bug fixed #1525407 (upstream #79610 ).
- PAM Authentication Plugin didn’t support spaces in the UNIX user group names. Bug fixed #1544443 .
- Due to security reasons
ld_preloadlibraries can now only be loaded from the system directories (
/usr/lib) and the MySQL installation base directory.
- Percona Server 5.6 could not be built with the
-DMYSQL_MAINTAINER_MODE=ONoption. Bug fixed #1590454 .
- In the client library, any
EINTRreceived during network I/O was not handled correctly. Bug fixed #1591202 (upstream #82019 ).
- The included
.gitignorein the percona-server source distribution had a line
*.spec, which means someone trying to check in a copy of the percona-server source would be missing the spec file required to build the RPMs. Bug fixed #1600051 .
- Audit Log Plugin did not transcode queries. Bug fixed #1602986 .
- LeakSanitizer-enabled build failed to bootstrap server for MTR. Bug fixed #1603978 (upstream #81674 ).
MYSQL_SERVER_PUBLIC_KEYconnection option memory leak. Bug fixed #1604419 .
- The fix for bug #1341067 added a call to free some of the heap memory allocated by OpenSSL . This is not safe for repeated calls if OpenSSL is linked twice through different libraries and each is trying to free the same. Bug fixed #1604676 .
- If the changed page bitmap redo log tracking thread stops due to any reason, then shutdown will wait for a long time for the log tracker thread to quit, which it never does. Bug fixed #1606821 .
- Audit Log Plugin events did not report the default database. Bug fixed #1435099 .
- Canceling the TokuDB Background ANALYZE TABLE job twice or while it was in the queue could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1004 .
- Fixed various spelling errors in comments and function names. Bug fixed #728 ( Otto Kekäläinen ).
- Implemented set of fixes to make PerconaFT build and run on the AArch64 (64-bit ARMv8) architecture. Bug fixed #726 ( Alexey Kopytov ).
Other bugs fixed: #1603073 , #1604323 , #1604364 , #1604462 , #1604774 , #1606782 , #1607224 , #1607359 , #1607606 , #1607607 , #1607671 , #1608385 , #1608437 , #1608845 , #1609422 , #1610858 , #1612084 , #1612551 , #1455430 , #1455432 , #1610242 , #998 , #1003 , #729 , and #730 .
Release notes for Percona Server 5.6.32-78.0 are available in the online documentation. Please report any bugs on the launchpad bug tracker .