Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported onMarketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Don’t call it a “geofence.” UberMedia introduces the “Optimal GeoSpace”
Jul 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company’s dynamic targeting is based on actual foot traffic patterns throughout the day and is specific to each location.
- Marketers look to climb aboard the Pokémon Go phenomenon
Jul 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
A week since its launch, the game of finding imaginary creatures in the real world has turned augmented reality into a major marketing tool.
- A brief introduction to data visualization theory for marketers
Jul 13, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
We marketers work with a lot of data, but how can we present these data in an easily understandable way? Check out this primer on data visualization by columnist Paul Shapiro.
- Mozilla envisions a new kind of crowd-sourced content recommendation
Jul 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
The goal of its new Context Graph project: Help users find useful content, based on what other users have found useful for that topic.
From Around The Web:
- Big Data Analytics Success Depends on These 3 Ingredients , www.cmswire.com
- What is predictive analytics and how could you use it? , www.econsultancy.com
- Google acquires team behind website sharing app Kifi, shutting it down soon , venturebeat.com
- How to Add Custom Styles to the WordPress Visual Editor , www.wpexplorer.com
- Amazon has reduced Alexa’s mistakes in completing tasks by a factor of 2 , venturebeat.com
- Hangouts for Android will add video messaging feature that’s been on iOS version for months , venturebeat.com
- Essential Tools and Tactics for Video on Social , www.newswhip.com