Our guest this week is Scott Hammond, the CEO of Joyent. Joyent has been the core sponsor and steward of Node.js since its beginning.
Download: MP3 Audio
This show is sponsored by…
– Get started for free, or use the code
THECHANGELOGPODCASTto get 20% off ANY plan for 3 months
- Toptal – Freelance as an elite engineer with Toptal
– Use the code
CHANGELOGto get a $10 hosting credit when you create your DigitalOcean account
In this episode we catch up with Scott to talk about the history of Node, Joyent’s interest, how they’ve handled the stewardship of Node over the years, their support of io.js joining Node Foundation and the convergence of the code bases for a stronger, and more inclusive Node community.
At the tail end of the show, just when you think it’s over, keep listening because we got Scott back on the call to discuss the news that came this week of the io.js TC voting to join Node Foundation.
Show notes and links:
- @Scott_Hammond on Twitter
- Joyent on GitHub
- @mikeal – “io.js TC just voted to join the Node Foundation.”
- io.js TC Meeting 2015-05-13
- io.js TC Meeting 2015-05-13 Issue on GitHub
- merge vs rebase ontop of io.js (GitHub Issue #6)
- Node.js Advisory Board
- Growing Up – io.js needs a foundation
- node.js & io.js convergence repo – jasnell/node.js-convergence
- The Node.js Foundation benefits all
- Node.js and io.js leaders are building an open, neutral Node.js Foundation to support the future of the platform
Have comments? Send a tweet toon Twitter.
Subscribe toChangelog Weekly – our weekly email covering everything that hits our open source radar.