Brussels, the de facto capital of the European Union, has its draw not only to politicians and tourists but technologists and entrepreneurs.
So, get ready for Europe’s largest big data community gathering dedicated to Apache Spark!
Registration is open now , and you can save 15% when you use “DatabricksEU16” during registration.
Spark Summit Europe 2016 will be held from October 25-27 at the Square in Brussels, and the recently released agenda features a stellar lineup of community talks led by top engineers, architects, data scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and analysts from Bloomberg, Databricks, Microsoft, Ericsson, IBM, ING, Cloudera, MongoDB and Swisscom. There is also a full day of hands-on Spark training, with courses for both beginners and advanced users.
As the excitement around Spark continues to grow, and the rapid adoption rate shows no signs of slowing down, Spark Summit Europe is growing, too. More than 1,200 participants are expected at the Brussels conference.
Join us in October to learn more about data engineering and data science at scale, spend time with other members of the Spark community, attend community meetups, revel in social activities associated with the Summit, and enjoy the beautiful city!
Something for everyone
Developer Day: (October 26)
Aimed at a highly technical audience, this day will focus on topics on Spark dealing with memory management, performance, optimization, scale, and integration with the ecosystem, including dedicated tracks and sessions covering:
- Keynotes focusing on what’s new with Spark, where Spark is heading, and technical trends within Big Data.
- Five technical tracks, including Developer, Data Science, Spark Ecosystem, Use Cases & Experiences, and Research.
- Office hours from the Spark project leads at the Expo Hall Theater.
Enterprise Day: (October 27)
For anyone interested in understanding how Spark is used in the enterprise, this day’s lineup will include:
- Keynotes from leading vendors contributing to Spark and enterprise use cases.
- Full day-long track of enterprise talks featuring use cases and a vendor panel.
- 3 technical tracks for continued learning from Developer Day.
With more than 80 sessions, you’ll be able to pick and choose the topics that best suit your interests and expertise.
The full schedule is online , and some of the sessions to look for include:
- TensorFrames: Deep Learning with TensorFlow on Apache Spark — Tim Hunter (Databricks)
- Scalable Bayesian Inference with Spark, SparkR and Microsoft R Server — Ali Zaidi (Microsoft)
- Scaling Factorization Machines on Spark Using Parameter Servers — Nick Pentreath (IBM)
- Lambda Architecture with Spark in the IoT — Bas Geerdink (ING)
- Just Enough Scala for Spark — Dean Wampler (Lightbend)
- Prediction as a Service with Ensemble Model Trained in SparkML on 1 billion Observed Flight Prices Daily — Josef Habdank (Infare Solutions)
Don’t forget the Spark Training workshops on October 25. There will be three hands-on courses with labs hosted in Databricks:
- Spark Essentials for those getting started.
- Exploring Wikipedia with Spark for advanced users who want to take a deeper dive.
- Data Science with Spark for software developers, analysts, engineers and data scientists.
Get tickets online
Registration is open now , and you can save 15% when you use “DatabricksEU16” during registration. We hope to see you at Spark Summit Europe 2016 in Brussels.