Apache CouchDB 2.0 Release Candidate 4 :
You can download the latest release candidate from http://couchdb.apache.org/release-candidate/2.0/ . Files with
-RC in their name a special release candidate tags, and the files with the git hash in their name are builds off of every commit to CouchDB master.
We are inviting the community to thoroughly test their applications with CouchDB 2.0 release candidates. See the testing and setup instructions for more details. Bonus: Testing a release candidate gives you the chance of winning one exclusive CouchDB 2.0 mug! To be eligible for receiving a mug, reports an as-of-yet-unknown issue with the latest release candidate in our bug report system or to the developer mailing list . These mugs won’t be available for sale and are for contributors to CouchDB 2.0 only!
You too can have a CouchDB mug, just like Paul Davis.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- changes-stream 2.0.0 – Simple module that handles getting changes from CouchDB
- loopback-connector-couchdb 0.2.0 – LoopBack CouchDB Connector
- pouchdb-model 0.1.1 – Convenient wrapper for PouchDB
- purescript-pouchdb 0.1.1 – PouchDB Bindings for PureScript (Work in Progress)
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [SERIES]Feature: Replication by Nick Vatamaniuc and Migrating to CouchDB 2.0 by Sebastian Rothbucher
- [POST] Reddit sentiment analysis in SparkR and CouchDB , Chetna Warade
- [POST] Compose’s Little Bits 41 – Redis, Uber, CouchDB, Mesos, Kubernetes and more
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [TUTORIAL] PouchDB Tutorial: Building an Offline App with PouchDB and CouchDB , Codequs
- [POST] Offline Storage for Progressive Web Apps , Addy Osmani
- [POST] The cost of small modules , Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- CouchDB update handler with GET
- Can a CouchDB’s database files be splitted?
- Reset CouchDB completely
- Cloudant Search: substring match on a field in JSON index
- How is Cloudant different from and related to CouchDB?
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website ? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub !
- CouchDB has a new wiki . Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us .
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page . If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer , Los Angeles (CA), US
- DevOps Engineer , Novi (MI) US
- eSports Web Developer, Mid-Senior Level , Diamond Bar (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III , Washington, D.C. (US)
- Author Data Science Videos at Lynda , Carpinteria (CA), US/Remote
- Full Stack Java Architect , Addison (TX), US
- Open Source Architect/Senior Architect , Addison (TX), US
- Front End Developer , Triangle (NC), US
- Technical Solutions Lead Job , London, UK
- Senior DevOps Engineer , Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Time to relax!
- “The directive has exactly the opposite effect on most people. People who instruct a colleague, subordinate or loved one to relax may have good intentions. But it is usually better to resist ordering people to change their emotional state and try a different strategy. If you are on the receiving end of an order to relax, there are countermoves that can keep your blood pressure from soaring higher.” – Why You Should Never Tell Someone to Relax
- “Whether you have a stressful job or a hectic family life (or both!) it can be difficult to fit in some ‘me’ time and relax. So if you don’t have time for a yoga class or a relaxing massage, try out these ways to unwind throughout the day.” – 5 surprising (and really easy!) ways to relax
- “It’s vacation season. But if you’re like many people, even after you plop down into a beach chair, you find your brain running nonstop. It’s like you can’t find the “off” switch. To get better at relaxing, you have to practice it more than once a year! You can get more out of your vacation, or even your weekend, by learning to work your relaxation muscle a little every day.” – How To Relax Like A Pro
- “In today’s hustling and bustling world, it can be difficult to find the time to simply relax. That being said, what if I told you that relaxing protects your heart, boosts your memory, and lowers your stroke risk? You might be able to fit it into your schedule then, right? There are so many health benefits of relaxation, and the truth of the matter is that you’ll actually improve your productivity and life quality by allowing yourself the time to sit back and do nothing.” – 13 Relaxation Quotes For National Relaxation Day
- “But for those of us whose brains are really good at being on,creating space so that your mind and body and reconnect to a state of reset might be the hardest part. But, here’s a hint: don’t stress out about it. If you don’t know how to reach that relaxed state, it’s OK. Breathe. Sometimes relaxation doesn’t happen on command. Sometimes we have to start to decompress and unplugged- slowly. One step at a time.” – Relaxation Tips For The Hopelessly Wired