Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couch-init2 2.1.0 (Node) – Opiniated CouchDB databases initializer
- couchdb-builder 0.1.0 (Node) – A tool for building CouchDB documents from flat files.
- hub.docker.com/couchdb 1.6.1 (Docker image) – Dockerfile was updated
- logstash-input-couchdb_changes 3.0.1 (Ruby Gem) – This gem is a Logstash plugin required to be installed on top of the Logstash core pipeline using $LS_HOME/bin/logstash-plugin install gemname.
- md-to-couch 0.2.0 (Node) – Convert list of markdown files with front matter into a CouchDB compatible JSON object, one document per file
- node-couch 1.0.0 (Node) – CouchDB library for Node.js
- poms 1.2.2 (Ruby Gem) – Interface to POMS CouchDB API
- relaxo 0.4.7 (Ruby Gem) – Relaxo provides a set of tools and interfaces for interacting with CouchDB.
- relaxo-model 0.4.11 (Ruby Gem) – Relaxo Model provides a framework for business logic on top of Relaxo/CouchDB.
- rx-couch 1.7.0 (Node) – RxJS-flavored APIs for CouchDB
- pouch-mirror 0.2.0 (Node) – Helps you create a local slave mirror of any CouchDB database for lightning-fast reads and secure writes.
- pouchdb-asyncstorage-down 1.1.6 (Node) – asyncstorage-down adapter for PouchDB
- pouchy 8.1.0 (Node) – A simple, opinionated interface for the amazing PouchDB
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [WEBCAST] O’Reilly Webcast: CouchDB for .NET Developers
[REQUEST] I would love it if someone opened a pull request for a dockerized full text search for CouchDB 2.0. Further information can be found at https://github.com/klaemo/docker-couchdb/issues/48
I can assist anyone who is willing to take this on, but can’t do the majority of the work myself at the moment. – Clemens Stolle
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Creating Chrome extensions using PouchDB , Glynn Bird
- [SLIDES] From Big Data to Mobile Data with Apache CouchDB and PouchDB at Apache: Big Data , Bradley Holt
- [POST] Offline-first QR-code Badge Scanner , Glynn Bird
- [ISSUE] Custom build / modularization roadmap and discussion , Nolan Lawson
- [TEST SERVER] PouchBase , Dale Harvey – PouchBase.com is a test server for PouchDB, it provides open online databases that you can use to test PouchDB sync with.
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Dockerized Full Text Search for CouchDB
- pouchdb-fullstack-store : Domain driven fullstack persister using PouchDB/CouchDB
- When emitting a date in a CouchDB Map function – what is being called on the date object?
- CouchDB group view to keep string key and value
- Saving all JSON objects from CouchDB bucket locally
- Cloudant Query & CouchDB Mango: How to set $regex flags?
no public answer yet:
- CouchDB 1.6 continuous replication: how to configure resume time after connection failure
- Can’t enable CORS while installing CouchDB jQuery
- CouchDB Map/Reduce Error on what seems to be a simple query
- CouchDb Views – reduce function returns null when there are more keys
- Document conflict error when updating a design document in CouchDB
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
- How costly is auto_compaction in PouchDB?
- PouchDB/CouchDB document property not being deleted
- PouchDB, how to add a new attachment in a doc which already has a attachment?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website ? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub !
- CouchDB has a new wiki . Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us .
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page . If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- May 26, Hong Kong, China: Hong Kong Web Developers – Introduction to Ionic2/Angular2: Build apps with HTML5 & Angular 2
- June 15, Minneapolis (MN), US: dev.OBJECTIVE – “Offline Survival in the Deadzone”
- June 20-23, Nuremberg, Germany: Developer Week DE 2016 – Cross-Plattform Day
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Principal Software Engineer , Annapolis Junction (MD), US
- DevOps Engineer , Novi (MI), US
- Cloud Software Developer , Los Angeles (CA), US
- Software Design Engineer III , Washington, DC, US
- Passionate Developer with Personality for Full-Time Telecommute Position , Remote
- Early Career Front End Developer , Triangle (NC), US
- Full-Stack Developer (Haskell Polyglot) , Cambridge, MA
- Principal Data Architect , Burlington (MA), US
- Scala/Java Backend Developer , Munich, Germany
- Principal Software Engineer – IP Video , Denver, CO
Time to relax!
- “The GIF is mesmerizing. It starts out as a flat line that turns into a triangle, which is then enveloped by a square. New shapes continue to build on the old ones, eventually turning into an octagon before it all collapses in on itself to start the routine over again. The idea is to breathe in as the shapes expand, then out as they fold down (or vice-versa), for about five seconds each.” – This Calming GIF Can Help You Handle Stress
- “Living in a neighborhood where you have lots of opportunity to gaze at blue spaces — bodies of water like the sea — is associated with lower levels of stress, researchers found.” – Blue spaces beat green spaces when it comes to mental health, study finds
- “No, not all classical music is relaxing. Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, an excellent pianist, once explained that to Vogue magazine. Vogue congratulated her on her musical pursuits and said it must be relaxing. Rice’s wry reply: ‘Playing Beethoven and Brahms is not relaxing.’” – Classical music pieces that can soothe your soul
- “If mornings are dominated by the commute and school-run and email—all the rough-and-tumble of modern life, especially in cities—they’re something to get through, rather than to celebrate. But mornings are also special. They come before everything else in the day, so what you do with them matters.” – To be more productive, try angling your morning toward what brings you joy
- “We just came across one of the greatest videos we’ve ever seen – one that has successfully lulled our brains into a state of relaxation. It’s called ‘Memories of Paintings’ and it beautifully features dancing paint.” – This soothing video of dancing paint will help you fall asleep
- “It might comfort you to know, though, that there are a lot of us currently enjoying a solo act. More than 25 percent of American homes today only have on person in it, a number that has tripled since 1970. And we’re having fun.” – 8 Surprisingly Calming Things To Do Alone