Today I recorded a screencast of me doing this presentation so you can view even if you weren’t able to make it to the meetup. In it I do the following:
- Set up Webpack and the Webpack Dev Server.
- Configure Webpack to transpile ES2015 and JSX through Babel.
- Add the react-hot-loader plugin to enable hot reloading of React components.
- Build a small counter application to demonstrate and take advantage of hot loading.
- Create a production Webpack config that can bundle our application into production.
You can find the repository containing all the code on GitHub . Feel free to fork it or raise an issue if you come across problems.
In future videos I’ll cover:
- Testing React using Node, JSDOM and Tape
- Clever bundling using Webpack to create multiple files
- Quicker rebuilds with the Webpack DLL plugin
- And whatever else you’d like to see :)
If you'd like to discuss this post further or ask any questions, please tweet me .