So I came to the blog to update my upcoming events (at least something stays up to date) only to find it’s been nearly a year since I last blogged! This is terrible!
It’s not that I haven’t written anything in a year, it’s that a lot of my writing energy goes into stuff for the actual day job. Which is good, because that’s pretty much what I wanted from the day job, but the blog makes it look like I don’t write any more.
So I’m going to cheat. Here’s the stuff I’ve written in the last 12 months.
- A whole series of articles off the back of last year’sJava 8 in Anger talk: Five Java 8 Features That You Won’t Be Able to Live Without , Why Java 8? , and Java SE 8 in Practice .
- A tutorial on TDD in IntelliJ IDEA . I have video clips to turn this into a screencast as well, but that’s Yet Another thing I didn’t get around to.
- A tutorial on how IntelliJ IDEA helps you migrate code to Java 8 . This evolved into the other thing I’ve been working on this year, my latest live demo presentation, Refactoring to Java 8 .
- A whole series of blog posts on “What to look for in a code review” . This was fun and satisfying to write.
- …which got turned into a book . Yes, I’m finally the author of a book!
- Java 8 Top Tips , with a bunch of IntelliJ-specific tips
- I’ve taken over Java Annotated Monthly , so at least you get to hear from me once a month with that. I try really hard not to be too sarcastic, jokey or British when I write the newsletter. I don’t always succeed.
Oh yeah, and I had a baby. I’m contemplating blogging about being a working parent, but I’m a bit concerned that Of Course a woman is going to blog about Being A Mother, when previously I just blogged about… well, come to think about it I blogged about all sorts of things, includinghaircuts andhangovers, so I guess I could probably get away with it.