Calling all Rodeo users
Rodeo is an IDE built by Yhat expressly for doing data sciene in Python.
IDE is short for integrated development environment, which is just a fancy way to describe an application built to make it easier to program or code. Think of Rodeo as a lightweight alternative to the IPython notebook, or as "RStudio for Python" .
Rodeo has been downloaded over 24,000 times in the past year. That means there's a lot of folks using Rodeo to do data science in Python all around the world. If you somehow missed the memo, you can download Rodeo for free for Mac, Windows or Linuxhere.
Yhat blog contest
With all those folks using Rodeo, we're curious to know what type of data science-ing you're up to.
Today, we're inviting all of our Rodeo users to submit their most interesting python analysis to be published on the Yhat blog, one of the largest blogs in the data science community. You can submit any post that shows how you're using Rodeo to do data science in Python, whether that's as a hobbyist or as a 9-5'er.
If you don’t read our blog regularly, here's a few examples of the kind of post we're interested in:
- Using Rodeo To Transform Olympics Data Into GIFs
- Grouping in pandas
- Basic Interactive Geospatial Analysis in Python
In addition to fame and glory, we'll also be awarding the following prizes:
- 1st place: $250 Amazon gift card, Yhat tshirt, Rodeo stickers + Published on the Yhat blog
- 2nd place: $150 Amazon gift card, Yhat tshirt, Rodeo stickers + Published on the Yhat blog
- 3rd place: $75 Amazon gift card, Yhat tshirt, Rodeo stickers + Published on the Yhat blog
- Honorable mention:Yhat tshirt, Rodeo stickers + Published on the Yhat blog
We think 300 to 1000 words is reasonable, but that’s a guideline, not a rule. Use as little or as much text as you need to explain your idea clearly. Our team will copy edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. but won’t make any substantive changes without your approval.
Email your post to email@example.com by September 1, 2016 to be considered.