io.js and Node.js Week of July 17th
io.js 2.4.0 is released, Apigee joined our foundation and Intl WG start.
io.js 2.4 Release
- src : Added a new — track-heap-objects flag to track heap object allocations for heap snapshots (Bradley Meck) #2135 .
- readline : Fixed a freeze that affected the repl if the keypress event handler threw (Alex Kocharin) #2107 .
- npm : Upgraded to v2.13.0, release notes can be found in https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v2.13.0 (Forrest L Norvell) #2152 .
See https://github.com/nodejs/io.js/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during beforeExit are still to be resolved. See #1264 .
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal. #690
- process.send() is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 .
- Calling dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion. #894
- url.resolve may transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435 .
- NodeSource announces N|Support on their blog post . N|Support is a premium support offering for Node.js developers, DevOps and IT operations teams. To learn more about N|Support offerings, check out the solution page .
- Apigee is added to the Node Foundation .
- joyent/docker-node team is moved to nodejs/docker team. As a result, @chorrell and @dcrudgington joined @nodejs/docker team.
- Intl WG is launched. They are dedicated to support and improvement of Internationalization and Localization in Node. Intl WG calls for participants in their issue .
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st — 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th — 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano — Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO , October 16th — 17th at Ruta N, Medellin