If you have a publicly accessible organization home, you can make it easier for others to discover it via ArcGIS Online by registering it as an item. While anyone can share an organization’s home page via a link, this enhances the ability for others to discover your organization’s home using an ArcGIS Online search.
Follow these simple steps to register your organization.
1. Login to your organization, and open your organization’s home page.
2. Copy your organization home URL.
3. Go to My Content and click Add Item.
4. Choose From the web.
5. Choose Document as the type.
6. Paste the URL from step 2 in URL:
7. Add a Title and Tags.
8. Click Add Item.
7. Complete the item summary and description, add a thumbnail, and most importantly, Share publicly.
Your organization home page can now be discovered via an ArcGIS Online search, making it easier to discover by others.
This post was originally published on September 9, 2014, and has been updated.