Starting 2.0 Release Candidates (see thread )
We are now at a point where we can start the CouchDB 2.0 release candidate phase, see the thread for more information on how you can help with testing the tarball.
2.0 & Windows: status update (see thread )
Joan Touzet provides an update on status of the CouchDB 2.0 port to Microsoft Windows.
Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- couchdb_download_token 0.1.0 (Python) – Simple web service that allows downloading CouchDB document attachments with a per-document download token.
- dbdb 1.2.1 – Simple db layer. Supports only Cloudant/CouchDB at the moment.
- cycle-pouchdb-most-driver 0.0.1 – A PouchDB driver that returns easy streams to be used with Cycle’s most-run
- pouchdb-live-query 1.5.0 – PouchDB plugin which keeps a view live by listening to the changes feed.
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Reintroducing the Simple Search Service , Matt Collins
- [POST] 4 NoSQL Databases for modern Web app developers , Benny Alexander
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [MEETING NOTES] PouchDB weekly meeting , Tuesday 12 July 2016
- [VIDEO] PouchDB, CouchDB, Angular Directives , Johnathan Diel
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
no public answer yet:
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- SummaDB – A hierarchical database that syncs with PouchDB
no public answer yet:
- How do I structure a multiuser PouchDB/CouchDB app and authentication
- Where is my data? Using PouchDB and Electron…nowhere to be found
- Using PouchDB along with NativeScript
- PouchDB encryption compatible with pouch find
- How do you catch errors on PouchDB creation?
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website ? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub !
- CouchDB has a new wiki . Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us .
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page . If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on email@example.com or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- November 28-29, 2016, Munich, Germany: JS Kongress Munich
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Cloud Software Developer , Los Angeles (CA), US
- DevOps Engineer , Novi (MI) US
- Software Design Engineer III , Washington, DC, US
- eSports Web Developer, Mid-Senior Level , Diamond Bar (CA), US
- Passionate Developer with Personality for Full-Time Telecommute Position , Arnold (MD), US/Remote
- Technical Solutions Lead Job , London, UK
- Lead Scala/Java Backend Developer , Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “Harry saw Harry’s glasses. He took handfuls at the foot of the tree, and then walked forward, underneath its glass and beckoned to do something before he changed his wand. Harry had started face-to-face with her late, and then a sudden Death Eaters fed and Madame Maxime, but was left, not sporting red, white. Confused? No, this is not a badly written paragraph from an unreleased book of Harry Potter. Nor has it been taken from any fan theory website. This is an excerpt from a chapter written by a deep learning algorithm developed by Max Deutsch.” – An Algorithm Wrote Five Hilarious Chapters Of Harry Potter
- After six seasons and 60 episodes, the world of Game of Thrones might seem impenetrable at this point to HBO viewers who aren’t already on board with the series. Thankfully, for those searching for an entry point into Westeros, Game of Thrones has provided a new beginner’s guide to the show narrated by Samuel L. Jackson. The actor doesn’t appear on Game of Thrones but happily lends his trademark expletive enunciation to recap the series up to “Is Jon Snow dead?” – Watch Samuel L. Jackson’s Hilarious ‘Game of Thrones’ Recap
- “I opened the bottle and took a gentle sniff. Here’s a pro tip: Don’t do that. Not even gently. Lightly waft it just the way you were taught in high school chem, because smelling it even a little is like a dose of sulfur straight to your sinuses, although less brimstone and more menthol, like an adorable family-owned apothecary at the fiery gates of hell.” – I took a weed bath and I kind of freaked out
- “Nelson says he has a ‘love/hate relationship with those videos. They’re perfect for lighting a spark in people to cook! But, anyone can open a can of biscuits and melt cheese on them … I wanted to try something I didn’t think people really did on the web. So I told myself ‘no music beds.’ I wanted the Natural Sound to help drive the video. Something people can maybe learn a little something from, but, more importantly, something that just looked and sounded good.’” – These Extremely Soothing Cooking Videos Are All About Silence
- “…one of Europe’s most eminent neuroscientists has devised a simple, four-point plan for channelling stress and turning it to one’s advantage. Professor Ian Robertson’s “four-step brain hack to harness stress” is, he insists, based on scientific research beginning with step one: tell yourself you are excited rather than stressed.” – Forget relaxing – use your stress to become a high achiever
… and also in the news
- An Open Letter on Identity Politics, to and from the Left
- Emotional Expression on Steven Universe
- Confessions of an alien, or: The ultimate guide to attracting non-coding contributors to your open source project (Part 2)
- A Single Div : a CSS drawing project
- Jimmy Fallon stars in Snapchat Duet with Ariana Grande