Releases in the CouchDB Universe
- cloudant-user 2.0.0 (Node) – Helper module to use standard CouchDB _users db on a Cloudant db
- couchdb-ssl-proxy 1.0.0 (Node) – SSL proxy for CouchDB
- node-express-couchdb (Node/Express) – an example of a Node/Express application that connects to a CouchDB database and ZingChart
- angular-pouchdb 4.2.0 (Node) – AngularJS wrapper for PouchDB
- domain-driven-pouchdb-persistence-plugin 0.1.3 (Node) – persistence plugin for bufflehead
- justo-plugin-pouchdb 0.1.0 (Node) – Plugin for PouchDB and PouchDB Server
Opinions and other News in the CouchDB Universe
- [POST] Databases aren’t boring , Robert Kowalski
- [POST] Cloudant❤ Apache CouchDB™ 2.0: Sandbox Cluster Now Available , Stefan Kruger
- [ARTICLE] Apache CouchDB: Its Time to Relax , Open Source 4 You
- [POST] Insta Sync Catalogue Utility Android App using CouchDB (Utilities) , Nulled Warez
… and in the PouchDB Universe
- [POST] Prebuilt databases with PouchDB , Nolan Lawson
CouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- couchdb-odm (PHP) – Doctrine CouchDB is a mapper between PHP and CouchDB documents.
- revtree – A command line tool to visualise a CouchDB document revision tree.
- NodeJS Populate select with nano from CouchDB
- Why view parameter does not work on CouchDB REST API and Python module?
no public answer yet:
- How to connect CouchDB with Java
- Querying on map key/value pair in CouchDB
- Perform sort on field that’s not primary index
- Trouble replicating CouchDB database to IBM Cloudant
PouchDB Use Cases, Questions and Answers
- Noteme, Electron app : Clone of OSX Notes for Windows/Ubuntu. Has Autosave using PouchDB.
no public answer on Stack Overflow yet:
- Ionic: sqLite & PouchDB or NoSQL
- PouchDB changes feed when Hybrid app is paused
- Syncing PouchDB and Couchbase Sync Gateway – CORS Error
- “Authorization is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers” error when connecting to Cloudant with PouchDB on Mobile Safari
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
- We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and join the project!
- Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website ? Get in touch on our new website mailing list and join the website team! – email@example.com
- The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate Hub !
- CouchDB has a new wiki . Help us move content from the old to the new one!
- Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required! – Get in touch with us .
- Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in on this page . If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on firstname.lastname@example.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!
- June 15, Minneapolis (MN), US: dev.OBJECTIVE – “Offline Survival in the Deadzone”
- June 20-23, Nuremberg, Germany: Developer Week DE 2016 – Cross-Plattform Day
Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
- Senior Data Engineer , Portland (OR), US
- DevOps Engineer , Novi (MI), US
- Principal Software Engineer , Annapolis Junction (MD), US
- Cloud Software Developer , Los Angeles (CA), US
- Principal Software Engineer – IP Video , Denver, CO
- Software Design Engineer III , Washington, DC, US
- Full-Stack Developer (Haskell Polyglot) , Cambridge, MA
- Early Career Front End Developer , Triangle (NC), US
- Principal Data Architect , Burlington (MA), US
- Full-Time Telecommute Ruby Developer with Personality , Arnold (MD), US/Remote
- Enterprise Reporting Cloud Software Developer , Los Angeles (CA), US
- Scala/Java Backend Developer , Munich, Germany
Time to relax!
- “Melomind tracks your brain activity in real time and sends the info to your phone so that the music evolves according to your level of stress. Thanks to this neurofeedback model, you should already feel more relaxed after a five minute session.” – Melomind is a pair of headphones that will teach you how to relax
- “The drink’s origin story is relatable, too. Baumann found himself where no one would ever want to be: Los Angeles International Airport. Baumann looked around and saw angry drivers and people stuck on lines to get on flying metal tubes. In the sea of stressed out travelers, this is when he apparently came up with the idea to develop a drink to keep people calm and focused.” – We Gave a Drink Designed to Help You Relax to Our Stressed-Out Staff. Here’s What We Thought.
- “Watching one meet the hot end of a blowtorch is extremely satisfying for anyone who’s ever been forced to abandon the manual labour involved in eating one and for anyone who’s a fan of rainbow spectrums because they all come out here in soothing fashion.” – Watch: Melting a jawbreaker with a blow torch is oddly soothing and extremely satisfying.
- “It’s the type of utilitarian work that might not directly lead to any scientific breakthroughs, but makes it possible for anyone to live there. This type of thing probably gets monotonous (indeed, Reddit is also chock full of horror stories about working at the South Pole) but this video makes it feel like magic.” – Chill Out To This Soothing South Pole Plowing Timelapse
- “They say that rather than wonder how consciousness arises, one should look at where we know it exists and go from there to where else it might exist. They conclude that it is an inherent property of physical systems in which information moves around in a certain way — and that could include some kinds of artificial intelligence and even naturally occurring nonliving matter.” – Do Honeybees Feel? Scientists Are Entertaining the Idea